The collaborative project of CASE Belarus and Scientific-Research Institute (IER) at the Ministry of Economy of Belarus called “Social and economic development of regions in the context of national competitiveness’ increase” was successfully finished in July 2012. The project was administrated by the Eurasia Foundation and financed by the USAID.
Social and economic development of regions in the context of national competitiveness’ increase (2012)
December 2011 — July 2012
The general objective of the project was to study the gaps in development of Belarusian regions and propose recommendations aiming at increasing their competitiveness.
1. Analytical paper on gaps in development of Belarusian regions, including forecasts of their socio-economic growth;
2. Joint seminar with IER on foreign experience of regional development mechanisms;
3. Joint IER/CASE Belarus publication in Belarusian economic journal;
4. Concluding seminar presenting outcomes of the study;
5. Policypaper with recommendations on instruments of increasing competitiveness of Belarusian regions, were delivered to Ministry of Economy of Belarus, regional authorities, and other committees of the Government.